Feb 14, 2020 (The Expresswire) — Spinal Muscular Atrophy Market by Top International Players Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Pfizer Inc., Biogen, Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., AveXis, Inc., Novartis AG, CYTOKINETICS, INC., REGENERON PHARMACEUTICALS, INC., and others
The global “spinal muscular atrophy” market is set to rise on account of increasing advancements in technology for treating the disease. Key market insights have been shared by Fortune Business Insights in its report, titled “Spinal Muscular Atrophy Treatment Market Size, Share And Global Trend By Type (Type I, Type II, Type III, Type IV), By Treatment Type (Gene Therapy, Drugs Therapy), By End User (Hospitals, Clinics, Ambulatory Surgery Centers, Others), And Geography Forecast Till 2026”. The report provides a comprehensive market analysis and a holistic evaluation of the major factors that will influence market growth.
Highlights of the Report:
- In-depth analysis of various insights, namely, Spinal Muscular Atrophy Market trends, growth drivers, opportunities, and other related challenges.
- Comprehensive details of key market players, their core competencies, and Spinal Muscular Atrophy Market share.
- The potency of suppliers and buyers to make better business decisions.
- Lists out the market size in terms of volume.
Key Players Operating in The Spinal Muscular Atrophy Market Include:
Key players are involved in mergers and acquisition to strengthen their market position. Owing to increasing competition frequent innovations are taking place in the market. Some of the companies operating the industry are:
- Ionis Pharmaceuticals
- Pfizer Inc.
- Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH
- Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- AveXis, Inc.
- Novartis AG
- CYTOKINETICS, INC.
- REGENERON PHARMACEUTICALS, INC.
High Treatment Costs to Hinder Market Growth
The global spinal muscular atrophy market is anticipated to have restrained growth owing to the expensive treatments and drugs available for the disease. For example, Novartis recently developed and got FDA approval for their gene therapy drug, Zolgensma, which costs US$ 2.125 mn. It is the only available, one-dose treatment for all categories of SMA. As it’s a rare disorder, affecting 1 in 10,000 babies in the US, developing treatments and drugs is not seen as economically viable by most companies. This will have a negative impact on the global spinal muscular atrophy market in the forecast period.
Improved Diagnostic Techniques to Broaden the Market Base
Currently, doctors use conventional diagnostic methods, such as CT and MRI scans muscle tissue biopsy, to detect the development and progression of the disease in a child. Greater investment in research by companies and organizations to make diagnosis more pinpoint will aid the global spinal muscular atrophy market expansion till 2026.
Moreover, there is growing concern regarding detection of the type of SMA, particularly in case of Type 1 SMA which is the severest of all types. Most children having this type of SMA do not live past 2 years of age due to weak lung muscles. As a result, the Type 1 SMA market segment is expected to grow rapidly as the type becomes more prevalent.
- Type I
- Type II
- Type III
- Type IV
By Treatment Type
- Gene Therapy
- Drugs Therapy
By End User
- Ambulatory Surgery Centres
- North America (USA and Canada)
- Europe (UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Scandinavia and Rest of Europe)
- Asia Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, Southeast Asia and Rest of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and Rest of Latin America)
- Middle East and Africa (South Africa, GCC and Rest of Middle East and Africa)
- Extensive product offerings
- Customer research services
- Robust research methodology
- Comprehensive reports
- Latest technological developments
- Value chain analysis
- Potential Spinal Muscular Atrophy Market opportunities
- Growth dynamics
- Quality assurance
- Post-sales support
- Regular report updates
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Comprehensive analysis of the Spinal Muscular Atrophy Market growth drivers, obstacles, opportunities, and other related challenges.
- Tracks the developments, such as new product launches, agreements, mergers and acquisitions, geographical expansions, and joint ventures.
- Identifies market restraints and boosters.
- Identifies all the possible segments present in the market to aid organizations in strategic business planning.
More Trending Topics from Fortune Business Insights:
Telehealth Market to Cross US$ 266.8 Bn by 2026; Recent Technological Advancements in Healthcare Equipment to Provide Impetus, Says Fortune Business Insights
Telemedicine Market to Flourish at 23.5% CAGR, InTouch Health Launches an End-to-end Platform Solo to Help Users Worldwide: Fortune Business Insights
Vitiligo Treatment Market to Reach US$ 1,944.5 Mn by 2026; Ever Rising Demand for Advanced Treatment Options to Propel Market, says Fortune Business Insights
Clear Aligners Market to Exhibit 17.7% CAGR, Innovations in Clear Aligners to Propel Growth, says Fortune Business Insights
Fortune Business Insights™ offers expert corporate analysis and accurate data, helping organizations of all sizes make timely decisions. We tailor innovative solutions for our clients, assisting them to address challenges distinct to their businesses. Our goal is to empower our clients with holistic market intelligence, giving a granular overview of the market they are operating in.
Our reports contain a unique mix of tangible insights and qualitative analysis to help companies achieve sustainable growth. Our team of experienced analysts and consultants use industry-leading research tools and techniques to compile comprehensive market studies, interspersed with relevant data.
At Fortune Business Insights™ we aim at highlighting the most lucrative growth opportunities for our clients. We, therefore, offer recommendations, making it easier for them to navigate through technological and market-related changes. Our consulting services are designed to help organizations identify hidden opportunities and understand prevailing competitive challenges.
Fortune Business Insights™ Pvt. Ltd.
308, Supreme Headquarters,
Survey No. 36, Baner,
Pune – 411045, Maharashtra, India.
US :+1 424 253 0390
UK : +44 2071 939123
APAC : +91 744 740 1245
Press Release Distributed by The Express Wire
To view the original version on The Express Wire visit Spinal Muscular Atrophy Market 2020 Global Size, Growth, Segments, Revenue, Manufacturers and 2026 Forecast Research Report