REGENXBIO stock (NASDAQ: RGNX) declined by 20% yesterday, while it is down 26% in the last ten trading days. In comparison, the broader S&P500 index declined by 1.4% over the same period. REGENXBIO, a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on gene therapies, saw its stock fall after releasing phase two data for its experimental gene therapy RGX-314 in wet age-related macular degeneration (wet AMD). The data was actually positive but the stock still fell nearly 20% in a single trading session on Monday, Oct 4. This can partly be attributed to a strong data readout from its peer – Adverum – for ADVM-022, a one-time, intravitreal injection for the treatment of patients with wet AMD and diabetic macular edema. While RGNX stock plunged 20% in yesterday’s trade, ADVM stock rose 10%.
Now, is RGNX stock poised to grow? Based on our machine learning analysis of trends in the stock price over the last six years, there is a 58% chance of a rise in RGNX stock over the next month (twenty-one trading days). See our analysis on REGENXBIO Stock Return for more details.
10D: RGNX -26%, vs. S&P500 -1.2%; Underperformed market
(2% likelihood event; 52% probability of rise over next 10 days)
- REGENXBIO stock declined 26% over the last ten trading days (two weeks), compared to broader market (S&P500) decline of 1.2%
- A change of -26% or more over ten trading days is a 2% likelihood event, which has occurred 29 times out of 1511 in the last 6 years
- Of these 29 instances, the stock has seen a positive movement over the next ten trading days on 15 occasions
- This points to a 52% probability for the stock rising over the next ten trading days
MORE FOR YOU
21D: RGNX -6.9%, vs. S&P500 -5.4%; Underperformed market
(33% likelihood event; 58% probability of rise over next 21 days)
- REGENXBIO stock declined 6.9% the last twenty-one trading days (one month), compared to broader market (S&P500) decline of 5.4%
- A change of -6.9% or more over twenty-one trading days is a 33% likelihood event, which has occurred 500 times out of 1500 in the last 6 years
- Of these 500 instances, the stock has seen a positive movement over the next twenty-one trading days on 290 occasions
- This points to a 58% probability for the stock rising over the next twenty-one trading days
REGENXBIO stock is likely to move higher in the near term, if it follows the historical pattern. Also, REGENXBIO Stock Return summarizes RGNX stock performance and chances of its rise or decline, among other metrics that matter.
Invest with Trefis Market Beating Portfolios
See all Trefis Price Estimates